Goals from Last Week – How Did it Go?
Welllll, the fact that I’m writing this post a day late should say something. It was probably the roughest week yet.
- work on Moonchild (writing project) all seven days – four.
- work on blog at least five days – three.
- at least seven sessions of digitizing old writing – I don’t think I did any?
- craft and send an important tweet – I did this one. Now that it’s done I can say what it is. I tweeted my leaving med school post at Taylor Swift. I knew it was a long shot that she would ever see it, but her album, and especially “exile” has become so inextricably linked to me leaving school, and to me telling people I’m leaving school, that I wanted to share. I think that years in the future when I look back and think of folklore, I’ll think of leaving school and telling my story.
- seven guitar practice sessions – two.
- get up through song 100 of Book One of my Hal Leonard Guitar Method Complete Edition book – which means FINISHING BOOK ONE! – nope.
- seven piano practice sessions – two.
- Continuing on my quest to catch up on Technic and Composition sections previously skipped in Keyboard Musician for the Adult Beginner book, I will do the composing for Unit 4, technic and compositing for Unit 5, and technic and composing for unit 6. Then I’ll be all caught up and can continue forward – nope.
- sleep without the phone (a struggle you can read about here) – this will put me at 189 nights (27 weeks) in a row – yes. Getting extremely tenuous.
- write Morning Pages every day – four.
- don’t look at phone until after Morning Pages – this is back on – four.
- Finish The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd – I’m very close to the end – and start a new book. Not sure yet what I’ll start with, as I’m in a few different book clubs and have so much I want to read – DONE, and I also read 11/22/63 by Stephen King, which is 850 pages, this week.
- do an Artist Date – maybe? Maybe some of the reading counted? I don’t know.